First Community accepts E, EE and I Savings bonds. All other bond information can be found at www.savingsbonds.gov.
To make sure your bond redemption goes as quickly and conveniently as possible, here are a few tips on what is required in certain circumstances:
- The person the bond is written to MUST be present. If a bond is written to two individuals and the word AND is between them, both of the individuals MUST be present.
- Bonds CANNOT be signed over to anyone.
- If the bond owner's (to whom the bond is written to) address listed on the front of the bond is no longer the current address, the current address is to be written on the back of EVERY bond.
- If the bond owner is now married and the bonds are written to the maiden name, a copy of the marriage license MUST be presented. You may bring the original marriage license, and the branch will make a copy for you.
- If you are redeeming the bond(s) as a POD (Payable on Death), a copy of the death certificate MUST be presented. You may bring the original death certificate and the branch will make a copy for you.
- We cannot redeem bonds for a POA (Power of Attorney). For information on redeeming bonds with a POA, please visit www.savingsbonds.gov